Thursday, May 20, 2010

Guacamole deliciousness

I used to hate guacamole. I was always the person who asked for it to be taken off of my dish when I went to a Mexican restaurant. And I thought, why would anybody order a side of guacamole when they give you free salsa or you could order delicious cheese dip??? However, in the last couple of years, I've given guacamole another try. (You know they say your taste buds change every seven years! So if you haven't tried something in a while, try it again - you might like it!) And I have found that guacamole is super delicious! Well, a few months ago I went on a scrapbooking retreat, and they served guacamole as a snack. With lime tortilla chips - even better! And they gave out the recipe. I've made it at least 3 times since then. Truly, this recipe is too yummy to keep to myself. So I will share it with all of you. You will want to immediately go out and buy some avocados after reading this. And it's super fast to make. The Bean loves the "rock-a-mole".

Guacamole

3 avocados
1 lemon
1 lime
1/2 small can chopped green chiles
1 jalapeno
1/4 chopped white onion
salt to taste

Cut jalapeno in half length wise and remove seeds. Mince in food processor. Cut onion. Mince in processor. Put onion and jalapeno in mixing bowl. Cut avocados in half and spoon out avocado into mixing bowl. Add 1/2 can of chopped green chilis. Add 1 T. of lemon juice and 1 T. of lime juice. Mash up with a potato masher. Salt to taste.

The only things I changed were to use pre-sliced jalapenos from a jar, and I probably add a little more of the lemon and lime juice. Bon appetit!!

1 comment:

Summer said...

that sounds delicious and i'm starving now!! gonna have to try that! and i want to hear more a/b the scrapbooking retreat!!