Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Self-feeding...or scavenging







Bubs has not shown any interest so far in feeding himself. He mostly eats finger foods, but when I do feed him yogurt, oatmeal, applesauce, etc., I always feed him. He's never tried to grab the spoon or anything. (Unlike the Bean, who graduated to finger foods earlier than normal b/c of her independence and was trying to feed herself w/ the spoon at 12-14 months.) I wouldn't have thought Bubs would have much "skill" in feeding himself, but boy was I wrong! He grabbed the Bean's yogurt off the table yesterday, and just went to town on it feeding himself (and doing a pretty good job!) b/f I even knew what he was doing! Very little went on the floor or on his clothes. What other skills is Bubs hiding from me?? Now if he could only change his own diaper...

No comments: