Monday, August 24, 2009

"Child-proof"

You know how medicine bottles are supposed to have "child-proof" caps? Well apparently they didn't give much thought to the rest of the bottle. Bubs was in the Bean's room tonight while I was getting them ready for bed. He was rummaging around and found a Motrin bottle in the Bean's bathroom drawer. I saw him walking around with it, and I didn't really think much about it b/c I didn't think he could open it. The Bean warned me that this was not a good idea (Mama!! Bubs has my medicine bottle!! Get it!), but I didn't heed her warning (It's okay, Sugar. Bubs can't get it open.). A couple of minutes later I heard the Bean say, "Mama! Bubs bottle is leaking!" Sure enough, it was leaking. I thought, how in the world did he get that cap off?? Well, he didn't. He BIT THROUGH the bottom of the bottle, and it was leaking out the bottom. What in the world!?!? Who has ever heard of such a thing? So I learned my lessons: 1) Don't let your children walk around w/ medicine of any sort, and 2) Listen to your kids. Sometimes they are right!

Side note: Bubs didn't drink any of the medicine, if you are wondering, and it didn't leak too badly. The Bean caught it pretty early, and most of it went on her bathroom floor which was easy to wipe up.

2 comments:

Hank and Laura said...

That is crazy! I learned my lesson early. Noah can open childproof caps with no problem.

The Baughers said...

Wow...the Bean's a great big sis watching out for her brother! I can't believe he bit into the bottle! Arden once got a bottle of children's mylicon open and I found her drinking it...completely freaked me out, but thankfully after talking with poison control, there was nothing to be worried about...guess that's why it doesn't have a childproof cap on it!