Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Visions of Sugarplums...

Here's what a professional gingerbread house looks like...this was by my neighbor's mom...note the trees, doorknob and sidewalk.

What the Bean's house looks like...

She did eat one sucker...and a little glue, so it appears...



The whole party...


Hard at work...




It seems like the Bean's greeting to most people since Halloween is "Where's my candy?", or "I want a sucker." Needless to say, the girl likes her candy. So this event was big fun for her. Our neighbors invited us to make gingerbread houses (or graham cracker houses, in this case), and we had a ball. I told the Bean we were using glue that would make her sick and that the candy was old (which it was, and the "glue" did have raw egg in it!), and she did very good about not eating it. And she really focused on her house...she was very intent on putting the "glue" on each piece and putting it on the house. There's not much of a theme here, and I should mention that the sidewalk and shingles were my idea. I did help a little. :) But she had a blast!

No comments: