Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Round Ligament Pain

So, since Saturday evening I have been experiencing "round ligament pains" associated w/ pregnancy. It started Saturday evening as mild to moderate cramping (similar to menstrual cramps). It got worse and worse, and finally the pain was so bad that I threw up twice early Sunday morning. On Monday I went to the doctor just to be sure that's what it was (I'd already called the after hours number twice over the weekend), and yep, that's apparently what it is. But the pain is so bad that I've basically been bed-ridden since Saturday, and my mom came over to help for a couple of days. She left yesterday, so I'm trying to be a big girl and make it through the next couple of days until we leave for Gadsden on Friday for Christmas.

Has anybody else had these? Apparently they get worse w/ each subsequent pregnancy (never had them w/ the Bean), and they are supposed to come and go, although mine have not went anywhere! Fortunately the doc says they are very uncommon after 20 weeks, so only 3 more weeks to go, and hopefully they'll stop b/f then!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry Amanda...that's terrible.
I never had that but your pains are worse with each pregnancy. At least you know it's worth it!!
Hope you are feeling better soon...will you be finding out what you are having??

MaryMartha said...

I'm a HUGE believer in a chiropractor...Dr.Jones in Altadena is wonderful! I saw him b/c I had horrible back pain in pregnancy. They were awesome. I could drop in whenever I needed to.
Also, I think yoga helps with all the stretching :)
I'm sorry your hurting! Maybe Christmas will distract you!
MM

Loehr Family said...

I remember that pain...and I'm sorry you are having to deal with it. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but mine hung around after that 20 week mark altough it definitely started getting better about that time. I think it really went away about the time I decided that it was never going to completely get better and I'd have to live with it till delivery! Isn't that always how it works? Nice warm soaks in the bath and sleep with a pillow between your knees. That seemed to help me some.

Amanda said...

Sleeping w/ a pillow has definitely helped. I'll try the bath too!