Wednesday, February 29, 2012

August 2: the Bean's birthday

The Bean's birthday was also in August. Since we had a 6 week old at the time, we wanted to have the party at home, and basically have someone else besides myself run the show. :) I was super excited when someone told me about a girl at our church who does character parties. She does Snow White, Cinderella, Pinkalicious, Fancy Nancy, and others. The Bean is still super into princesses, and so we chose Cinderella. "Cinderella" did an INCREDIBLE job! I highly recommend her. The Bean and all her buddies had a blast. "Cinderella" arrives in her rags and goes through the whole storyline of Cinderella. She talks about how her stepmother and stepsisters mistreat her and make her clean, and she gets the girls to help her dust using dustrags. Then she gets an invitation to the royal ball, and the girls help her get ready for the ball. Then they learn a dance for the ballroom, and rush "home" by the stroke of midnight where they fall asleep. And of course at the end they all get to try on the glass slipper. She really involved the Bean as the birthday girl, and they sang several songs from the the Cinderella movie. It was absolutely precious. And all I had to do was get a cake, and "Cinderella" did the rest - she even cut the cake for us!



My friend Sara N. let me borrow this adorable carriage. I'm terrible with flowers, but I think it turned out ok!


Cinderella arriving in her rags costume.


Getting ready for the ball...
Falling asleep at the stroke of midnight...
Making a wish!

I took a picture of each girl with Cinderella and mailed it off with the thank you notes.
All the girls had to hug Cinderella before she left...
A magicial time was had by all...and they lived happily ever after. :)
The End.

No comments: