Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My man the lumberjack

The mighty man felled the tree...

Those branches are no match for a 20 foot chainsaw.

It helps to be 6'4" sometimes.

Aren't they gorgeous!?!



As you all probably know, we moved a couple of months ago. What you may not know is that our new house had been vacant for two years b/f we moved in it. (Which helped us get a great deal...thank you Lord!) Anyway, the former owners mowed the grass when they moved out but that was about it for lawn care, so our yard needed a little TLC. So we've had some landscaping guys out here doing a few things, like trimming everything up, ripping some things out, laying down fresh pine straw, etc. Some of you who know RR well know that he has always said that he didn't think he'd be a fan of lawncare. (We haven't had a lawn up until this house.) But give a man a big chainsaw and it'll change his mind!! (Plus, since RR grew up in the country (and I mean country), he's cut down trees before. Like big trees. Who knew?? And he worked at a sod farm during HS too, so the man knows his grass.) To save money, RR did a few projects himself, like sawing down some low branches, small trees, and general underbrush-ishness. (Yes, I made up that word.) He worked for several hours over a couple of days and was quite the lumberjack. I wish I had before and after pics of the yard, but I don't, so I included some action pics instead. My "contribution" to the landscaping was to cut off some hydrangea blooms and put them in a vase. It was so fun cutting flowers from the yard!! I was quite proud of my man the lumberjack for doing a lot of hard work (and not chopping off an appendage in the process - whew)!

2 comments:

jessica said...

that is great! can we borrow RR's chainsaw (seriously)? we have some major landscaping to do too :).

Summer said...

the hydrangeas are so gorgeous...my fav flower! a/b destin...m's grandparents bought a house there in 1975 and they still have it--it's down in holiday isle...the water in the pics is actually in the pass by the harbor. it really is absolutely gorgeous--we always say, "who needs the caribbean?"