Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sewing project


Ummm, her hair's a mess b/c we hadn't brushed it yet...oops.

I made my first pillowcase dress recently. And I think I'm hooked. I literally completed it (start to finish) during the Bean's naptime. Well, ok, I didn't quite finish the hem, but I did a "fancy" hem that took a little longer than a normal one. I had some extra fabric lying around from some pants I'd made for the Bean, so I figured I wouldn't have anything to lose if I messed it up. (I didn't have a pattern.) I think it turned out pretty cute! I thought about doing a play-by-play on how to make the pillowcase dress. If any of you are interested, I might do it later. All the how-to's I found on the Internet weren't that helpful. My friend April was the most helpful! She is the sewing queen! (And btw, I wanna see those heirloom dresses and other Spring projects on your blog, girl!! Well, if you can quit sewing long enough to blog anyway. You are my sewing hero.)
Random piece of info: if you use double-backed satin ribbon for projects (bows, sewing, etc), you might want to go to Hobby Lobby and stock up. They are about to stop selling it by the yard and only sell it by the spool.

6 comments:

The Baughers said...

How fun!! You're my sewing hero b/c I can't do diddly squat! :) Love the outfit!

jessica said...

real cute and i would love to see your tutorial.

The Shulls said...

So super cute!!!! I feel like I might need to go to hobby lobby and see some fabric....

Glimpses of Everyday Life said...

Cute pillowcase dress! And I love the Easter outfits! I would love to know how you did the pillowcase dress.

BKicklighter said...

Please Please Please do a step by step. Or explain. Or teach us. I would LOVe to make a couple of these for the girls but need visuals.

April Brown said...

I'm a bit behind on commenting (obviously!). But, you did an AMAZING job on the pillowcase dress...so much so that I didn't even notice Bean's wild hair :) LOVE the way the bow ties together..pretty, pretty!!