Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Is chivalry dead?

Ok seriously...where are all the gentlemen nowadays??? The Bean and I are out and about a good bit, and I don't think I've once been offered any help for anything. Not even an open door. Need I mention that I am 7 months pregnant w/ an obviously broken knee cap? The other day I was at Costco w/ several able-bodied men around and about, and I actually lifted a huge case of 30 bottled waters or so into my cart by myself. And then into my trunk at the end of our trip. Or I'll have trouble getting a door open by myself while trying to hold the Bean's hand or push her stroller through the door, and nary a man comes to my aid. Or I'll drop something and men will just look at me as I attempt to bend down and pick it up. I say, is chivalry dead??? :)

(For the record, RR is quite the gentlemen, as are all your husbands, I'm sure. Too bad they're not around during the day when I'm out and about!!)

3 comments:

lauren said...

oh no! just don't move to the north--you'll never see any of that!

i got all huffy the first couple of times men helped me when i moved down here because i thought they were hitting on me!!! isn't that funny? i just wasn't used to it.

you be careful girl!

Unknown said...

I think you are right Amanda. It started bothering me more once I had children too. I can't believe you are pregnant with a broken knee cap and a one year old! I think I should come help you!!

The Shulls said...

I didn't realize until now that most of the help I get when I am running some errands are mostly females. Though I have to say that has improved a whole lot since I am running around with the two little ones. I guess they see me and think I am crazy for having these two so close together!

Great to hear from you!
Mohana